Are you 18 to 34 years of age ?
We offer a loan for eligible business activity, including start-up, expansion or purchase of an existing business with a base of operations in Queens County or Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia.
- Loan is in the form of a repayable, personal loan with a flexible interest rate and flexible repayment terms.
- Loans will normally be secured.
- No minimum loan. Maximum loan $20,000.
- Interest rate currently: Interest rate currently: Starting at bank Prime plus 3.5% and can raise or lower (dependent upon risk assessment) for new and existing businesses.
- No application fee
- Year-round and seasonal business activities are eligible.
- Can be used to finance any costs of an eligible business including fixed assets, start-up costs and working capital, however no purchase of licensed vehicles is allowed. Leasehold improvements and franchise purchases are also eligible. While the Youth Loan is made to the individual, the loan cannot be used for personal use.
- Can be used to purchase assets of a former business provided the purchase transaction is at arm’s length and the business assets are purchased at or below their current fair market value.
- A Borrower can be a sole proprietorship, a partnership (where the majority of the care and control is vested with the new entrepreneur), or a limited company (where the majority of the care and control is vested with the new entrepreneur).
- DECISIONS MADE LOCALLY by Board of Directors, volunteers interested in strengthening business in our community.
- Applications are reviewed based on viability, including management experience, as well as impact on employment in the local community.
- You are encouraged to make an appointment to discuss your business idea early in the planning stage to take advantage of the counselling and technical services that are also available at NO FEE for service.
- Applications can be made through one of our two Business Officers.
- You may visit the Liverpool or Bridgewater office, or a Business Officer will meet you at your place
For more information on the YOUTH loan, please email email@example.com, or call South Shore Opportunities cbdc at 354-2616 or 1-888-303-CBDC (2232)