UPDATE Oct. 2019: The program is now available
About the Program:
Non-repayable contribution now available for rural businesses. Small and medium size business, social enterprises and not-for-profit organizations may be interested in getting some outside professional work to resolve a challenge or take advantage of a business opportunity. Have you ever considered that your business may benefit from professional outside expertise? The Consulting Advisory Services (CAS) may be of interest to your business.
What’s the Help?
up to 75% of professional fees and costs, exclusive of hst to a maximum , non-repayable contribution of $5,000*
*Subject to approval and also subject to applicants meeting the requirements and responsibilities of the program, South Shore Opportunities can make a non-repayable contribution to a Consultant on behalf of a CAS participant of up to 75% of professional fees and costs, exclusive of hst, to a maximum contribution of $5,000 per approved CAS applicant. The client is responsible for the cash contribution (in-kind contribution is not acceptable) of the balance of the professional fees and costs and the client is also responsible for 100% of the hst.
Eligible Consulting Advisory Services (CAS) Applicants
include small and medium-sized enterprises, social enterprises and not-for-profit organizations (emphasis is business) that otherwise would not have access to this type of resource. CBDC eligible clients will be eligible if the CAS Participant is requesting assistance related to innovation, productivity, competitiveness, export and will primarily be established clients focused on growth.
Ineligible CAS participants include businesses, social enterprises and not-for-profit organizations whose primary mandate is in the real estate industry, whose mandates are deemed not suitable for government funding , as well as municipal, provincial and federal government departments. The CAS participant must operate within Lunenburg and Queens counties.
Eligible Activities include
1) Diagnostic assessments: to conduct a thorough review of all aspects of an existing operation in order to provide an objective assessment of its current performance, key issues and future prospects.
2) Business Management Development Practices: To undertake a comprehensive review of the management skills of an existing organization in order to provide an objective assessment of its current status and identify opportunities to enhance operations/management performance. This will ensure that the organization maximizes its growth potential and job creation over the long-term. Consulting services for the review, development and implementation of Board Governance policies and procedures, legal consulting for contracts, HR, etc., or any other topics deemed appropriate, can also be covered in this category.
3) Access to Capital: To source other options for capital beyond government sources of financing. A consultant with expertise in this field will assist the client with the development of a business plan and funding proposals. Not intended for new start-ups.
4) Market Readiness/ Export Potential: To undertake an objective assessment of an existing organization to determine its export readiness and identify areas that require enhancement to successfully enter the export market. The analysis would be carried out following discussions with the trade experts at the federal and provincial level. This assessment should increase the organization’s chances for success.
5) Specific Studies/Business Plans: Mentoring: To assist an organization with the development and initial implementation of a study or business plan (not intended for new start0ups). It is intended that the Consultant provide guidance and direction while the actual plan is prepared by the organization.
6) Business Coaching: To provide business coaching to business owners to develop the individual’s leadership abilities, supervisory skills and enhance the individual’s existing core leadership competencies.
8) Business Valuation: To provide access to a Chartered Business Valuator to help value the assets of the business, as well as review the cashflows and projections. This professional valuation provides confidence to interested buyers in the validity of the listed price.
Want to apply?
Ask us HOW.
firstname.lastname@example.org tel 354-2616 ext 107 or 109 or 104
This program is financially sponsored by ACOA, via the NS Association of CBDC’s. All decisions on funding are made locally.