THIS PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY OUT OF FUNDS. There is no indication of when or if it will be available in the futre. You are welcome to check here in future.
About the Program:
Non-repayable contribution now available for businesses. Small and medium size business and not-for-profit organizations may be interested in getting some outside professional work to help meet an opportunity or challenge. Have you ever considered that your business may benefit from someone else’s research and experience? The Consulting Advisory Services (CAS) Program is for just this purpose.
What’s the Help?
up to 75% of professional fees and costs, exclusive of hst to a maximum , non-repayable contribution of $5,000*
*Subject to approval and also subject to applicants meeting the requirements and responsibilities of the program, South Shore Opportunities can make a non-repayable contribution to a Consultant on behalf of a CAS participant of up to 75% of professional fees and costs, exclusive of hst, to a maximum contribution of $5,000 per approved CAS applicant. The client is responsible for the cash contribution (in-kind contribution is not acceptable) of the balance of the professional fees and costs and the client is also responsible for 100% of the hst.
Eligible Consulting Advisory Services (CAS) Applicants
include small and medium-sized enterprises and not-for-profit organizations (emphasis is business) that otherwise would not have access to this type of resource. CBDC eligible clients will be eligible if the CAS Participant is requesting assistance related to innovation, productivity, competitiveness, export and will primarily be established clients focused on growth.
Ineligible CAS participants include businesses and not-for-profit organizations whose primary mandate is in the real estate industry, whose mandates are deemed not suitable for government funding , as well as municipal, provincial and federal government departments. The CAS participant must operate within Lunenburg and Queens counties.
Eligible Activities include
1) Diagnostic assessments: to conduct a thorough review of all aspects of an existing operation in order to provide an objective assessment of its current performance, key issues and future prospects.
2) Business Management Development Practices: To undertake a comprehensive review of the management skills of an existing organization in order to provide an objective assessment of its current status and identify opportunities to enhance operations/management performance. This will ensure that the organization maximizes its growth potential and job creation over the long-term.
3) Access to Capital: To source other options for capital beyond government sources of financing. Following a pre-screening process confirming a client’s readiness and willingness to entertain venture capital/angel financing, a consultant with expertise in this field will assist the client with the development of a business plan that adheres to the criteria required by venture capital firms in order to facilitate their investment decisions.
4) Market Readiness/ Export Potential: To undertake an objective assessment of an existing organization to determine its export readiness and identify areas that require enhancement to successfully enter the export market. The analysis would be carried out following discussions with the trade experts at Industry Canada and the provincial departments responsible for economic development. This assessment should increase the organizations’ chance for success.
5) Specific Studies/Business Plans: Mentoring: To assist an organization with the development and initial implementation of a study or business plan. It is intended that the Consultant provide guidance and direction while the actual plan is prepared by the organization.
6) Aftercare/Mentoring and Follow-up: To provide mentoring or coaching assistance and advice to an organization that has proceeded with the implementation of advice/strategies developed in any of the above-described CAS products.
Want to apply?
Ask us HOW.
firstname.lastname@example.org tel 354-2616 ext 107 or 109 or 104
This program is financially sponsored by ACOA, via the NS Association of CBDC’s. All decisions on funding are made locally.