The Co-op Education Incentive (CO-OP) provides wage assistance to private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations offering career-related work experiences for university and community college co-operative students.
Employers pay students a minimum of $15.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. CO-OP will reimburse $7.50 per hour to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply and are required to provide at least one of the following:
- Registry of Joint Stocks number
- CRA Charities number
- a copy of legal documentation/Act of Legislature that identifies how assets will be distributed upon dissolution of the organization.
Once approved, the student(s) considered for hiring must be:
- registered at a post-secondary institution and returning to the same institution for the Fall of the current year.
- registered at a post-secondary institution and transferring to another in the Fall of the current year
- A grade 12 graduate who will be attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the Fall of the current year
ALL THE DETAILS: