Learn how your business can hire a recent graduate and the Government of Nova Scotia will cover 25% of the salary.
In order to be eligible for the program, your business must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A company with fewer than 100 employees.
- A start-up company, incorporated within two years of the application date.
- A social enterprise, not-for-profit organization, or registered charity, with recognized standing.
To be eligible for the program, your business must create a job that meets the following criteria:
- A permanent, full-time position with a minimum annual salary of $30,000.
- A position that requires an individual to live and work in Nova Scotia as a new full-time employee of the organization.
- A position that does not begin until final approval is granted through the program.
Graduates who are eligible to be hired through the program must meet the following criteria:
- An individual who has successfully completed a post-secondary program within a year of the date the employer application is received. (Please see canlearn.ca for a list of the post-secondary institutions this program recognizes.)
- An individual who is not an Apprentice. If your business intends to hire an Apprentice, you will need to apply for the START program.
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-6000
Toll Free: 1-877-404-7074
Fax: 902 428-2037